Are you looking for a new challenge and a job in IT?
MPR IT is a well-established and growing business providing leading IT support and services to business across the southeast. With 15 current members of staff we are looking to expand our in house workshop and helpdesk facilities side of the business and are now looking to give an enthusiastic and hardworking individual an exciting job with strong career prospects.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in IT with excellent time and personal management skills, be able to demonstrate a good level of understanding of PC hardware repair and builds, be able to troubleshoot and repair Windows operating systems and office products, be able to work closely as part of a team yet be able to self-manage workloads and report back on progress.
Day to Day activities will include:
- Acting as the 1st line technical support to our clients and logging incoming calls
- Break Fixing customers PC and Macs in the workshop
- Preparing new PC’s ready for on-site installation
- Hardware Upgrades in PC’s – Memory, Hard Drives etc.
- Troubleshooting where applicable and closing support calls
- Escalating all other enquiries to the 2nd line technical support
- Out of hours work where needed
- Possible cabling working and assisting on site installations
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as required
There is a full training package on offer to the successful candidate with scope to be working with Microsoft Server software (including Windows Server and desktop, Exchange, IIS, SQL, and Office 365), System Backups, along with many other packages allowing the successful candidate to gain a broad knowledge in many IT technologies.
Skills and experience requirements:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications
- Good knowledge of Internet connectivity
- Good knowledge of computer hardware repairs or upgrades
- Ability to thrive on a pressured environment
- Motivated by working to target incentives
- Excellent communication skills over the phone, in person and in writing
- Organised, efficient and methodical approach to administration
- Basic Networking knowledge
A CRB check will be required for this role.
This is a full time position Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm
Starting Salary £10.6 – £16k PA depending on age and existing experience
To apply please send a cover letter and your CV to Info@mpr-it.co.uk
Please download the full job spec below