MPR Business grade broadband (also available to home users) from a local, trusted provider!
- High quality broadband at highly competitive prices
- All managed with proactive support by MPR (no call centres)
- Ensure you are getting the very best speeds available to you
- Support selecting your package to reduce the chances of overpayments.
MPR are offering you the chance to maximize your business productivity and home user experience at a reduced rate this January. With up to 27mbs speeds and a reduced rate of £17.99 for totally unlimited broadband this is an opportunity you cannot afford to miss.
As this is a business grade broadband connection you will receive priority over other users in peak times maximising your connection. But this does not mean it excludes home users!
Your account will be fully managed by MPR and as part of your package you will receive our award winning support.
Offer only available until the end of January!
*only available to lines with a current broadband provider.
Many Things can be slow in January your internet does not have to be one of them.
email firstname.lastname@example.org or call FREEPHONE 08000 30 20 30 for more info.Read more
Let it Snow!
While the “sorry we are closing” emails flood in and there is sheer panic from all other angles, the atmosphere remains extremely calm in the MPR office and here is why.
Some haunting statistics were circulated after the UK’s last bout of heavy snowfall. Small businesses were the worst affected, with 38% forced to close, 41% unable to remain fully-staffed and reported heavy financial losses. Snow frequently causes travel chaos in the UK, often rendering roads impassable and public transport useless. And while the office may be up and running, staff being unable to get in can mean that your business grinds to a halt.
No longer should businesses need to panic in the face or any disaster, weather warning or personal issue. There are a number of cost effective solutions that you can put in place that will allow your business to continue working even if members of staff are at home.
1. Mobility and Remote Working – Your staff can effectively communicate by redirecting your business telephone system when away from the office. IP Telephony enables users to work from home or another office with all the functionality of being at their desk. Staff can use their personal mobiles, home land-line phones, PC based softphones or clients for smart-phones and tablet PCs. This also offers enhanced service continuity in the event of a major outage or site incident.
2. Unified Communications – services including instant messaging, presence, collaboration and video provide staff with richer communications that can greatly aid productivity all year round. Remote working users really benefit from UC, with the ability to work more effectively with colleagues across the organisation, regardless of their location.
3. Desktop Virtualisation – this fast growing technology provides users with secure access to their business desktop environment, complete with e-mail, applications and files, from any location. Users can login any PC or tablet via the web and see exactly what they would if sat in the office. All data is held centrally in the provider’s Cloud, avoiding the security risks associated with staff using their own devices.
I am proud to say for MPR and its customers its business as usual!
Since our original post stating we have 2 opportunities for IT apprenticeships Conner has joined our team and is settling in nicely.
As we continue our steady growth and further establish ourselves as the trusted managed service provider for Kent, London and the South East, it is important to ensure our high levels of service remain the same.
By taking on Apprentices we are able to nurture and develop enthusiastic graduates and teach them the pro active and simplified IT support ethics that MPR believe in.
Three months down the line and Conner gives us an account of how he is warming to his new career.
“In the first 3 months working with MPR-IT my knowledge of IT in general has increased greatly and my understanding of basic skills has risen. I learn something new nearly every day and I am always coming across new issues which allow me to increase my knowledge even further. I am working with people who have a fantastic knowledge of IT and I hope to learn off of them as much as I can during my apprenticeship.
During my apprenticeship with MPR-IT I hope to achieve my MTA and IT City and Guilds when I am training with QA. I also hope to bring knowledge I gain from training with QA to MPR-IT. I have already passed the Networking exam for my MTA along with multiple work units and I intend to carry on like this.
My confidence on the phone has improved since starting, at first I was nervous to even pick the phone up, but I quickly overcome this when I started to speak to people more frequently.
I find it easy to talk to all of my colleagues and they are always willing to answer my questions and explain things that I do not understand.
I have been on site once, which I enjoyed and I got to see a whole different side of the job, this showed me how different being onsite is compared to being in the office.”