Are you looking for a new challenge and a job in IT?
MPR IT is a well-established and growing business providing leading IT support and services to business across the southeast. With 15 current members of staff we are looking to expand our in house workshop and helpdesk facilities side of the business and are now looking to give an enthusiastic and hardworking individual an exciting job with strong career prospects.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in IT with excellent time and personal management skills, be able to demonstrate a good level of understanding of PC hardware repair and builds, be able to troubleshoot and repair Windows operating systems and office products, be able to work closely as part of a team yet be able to self-manage workloads and report back on progress.
2nd Line Support Engineer
The role of 2nd Line Support Engineer combines a clear commitment to customer satisfaction with a desire to progress technical skills. The 2nd Line Support Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day support of customers. The role will include ticket logging, second line support of desktops, servers, other associated devices and acting upon monitoring generated alerts. Support will be provided through email, tickets generated by the online portal and telephone direct to the customers. The role will also be responsible for managing escalations to other parts of Operations and vendors or partners, to ensure the prompt and satisfactory resolutions of customer support cases.
- Provide Support for IT customers via telephone, email and online tickets.
- Support, maintain, and improve customer service.
- Provide accurate and timely diagnosis and rectification of customer faults.
- Resolve or escalate problems and service requests according to established procedures
- Work pro-actively to ensure prompt resolution of support cases and the highest possible levels of customer satisfaction.
- Raise, update and close calls on service desk call management system.
- Escalate call to other 3rd Line support/external maintenance companies.
- Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Ability to follow procedures and mindful of attention to detail.
- Able to make progress with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work consistently in a dynamic and sometimes high pressure environment.
- Fluent English.
- Microsoft Windows Server technologies.
- Active Directory.
- Network experience.
- Experience of working in a service desk environment.
- Good PC / Peripheral hardware skills
A CRB check will be required for this role.
This is a full time position Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm
Salary is negotiable
To apply please send a cover letter and your CV to Info@mpr-it.co.uk
Tags: career, job