During the festive period the MPR IT team will be taking some well-earned rest. The office will be closed from the afternoon Thursday 24th December 2015 until the morning of Monday 4th January 2016. We will however arrange for support to be available throughout this time for those customers that have contract including out of hours support. Please contact our hotline 0800 030 20 30 to be put through to the on-call engineer.
SERVICE STATUS UPDATE PAGE
We have recently added a new page to our website, regarding service status on Email Filtering, Office 365, DNS/Web Hosting, AVG Cloud care, Hosted Wireless or Site Monitoring. The page will be updated as and when required, as well as updating our Social media pages. If you are experiencing any issues not listed on the page or would like further information regarding a listed issue please contact the helpdesk.
KEEP YOUR IT SAFE AND SECURE OVER THE CHRISTMAS PERIOD
With many offices closing down or running with less staff over the Christmas period please follow our top tips to help keep your systems safe and secure over the holiday period.
- Probably the most important thing you will ever do – BACK UP all your systems
- Turn off any equipment that is not needed to avoid over heating
- Ensure that any servers or IT equipment left on have plenty of ventilation
- Make sure that passwords are not written down to avoid any unwanted access to your data
- Ensure that all files and cabinets are locked securely
- Check pipes and taps are protected in case of cold weather – no one wants to return to a flooded office
- Ensure you have the MPR IT contact details in case of any IT emergency 0800 030 20 30
- Do not open any Christmas greeting emails from unknown sources, in case of malicious emails/content.
- Ensure you have a Disaster Management plan in place in case anything unfortunate happens or in the event of bad weather and staff cannot get back into the office after the festive period
- Make sure your Anti-Virus is fully installed and up to date. MPR IT can guide you to the best options for your business.
- A final reminder of the most important of all steps – BACK UP all of your data.
NEW DNS SERVER & WEB HOSTING
Many of our clients use MPR to host business web sites on the internet. In order to do this MPR uses a number of different hosted DNS (Domain Name Server)/Nameservers. A DNS is effectively a phonebook for the internet, maintaining a directory of domain names and translates these to IP addresses.
When you request a site such as www.mpr-it.co.uk it will check the nameservers for the web address, and then grab the I.P (telephone number) behind the name and point you to the “property” the “telephone number” belongs too. (The property being the webserver). This is a brief explanation but DNS “records” are responsible for pointing your businesses email, website, servers etc. to the correct “telephone numbers” of your “property”.
We are able to lease space to our clients to store their web site and any data associated with it. With the recent installation of a new DNS we are able to offer a more stable and resilient service to our clients, with improved failover, custom branded nameservers and various reporting utilities (on request). If you are interested in MPR being responsible for hosting your web site please contact us.
NEW YEAR – NEW IT BUDGET
If like many businesses you are reaching the time that you need to review your IT budget – contact us to discuss your needs and how best to save money. MPR IT can help you audit your existing IT equipment and identify any areas that require upgrade for the forthcoming year. As we are not tied to any particular supplier we can ensure you get the best deal for your budget. MPR IT can also offer support packages to help you budget through the year. With our all-inclusive package you know exactly the amount you will be spending each month to ensure your IT is supported without any hidden or unexpected charges. Please contact us to discuss your business needs. Or in the event you have reached the end of the financial year and have money in the budget you need to spend, MPR can review any areas that require any improvement to support you through the next year.
HELPDESK TEAM NEWS
Last month a massive 640 tickets were closed by the help desk and November is on course to meet that again.
Our closed survey questionnaire has been updated with new questions, thanks to Gaby. We are pleased to say that the survey responses have been fantastic, and we now are bringing awareness to our social media through them. We currently achieving a standard response of 4.95 out of 5 for our assistance. Well done to Tom and all the guys on the helpdesk for your great work. If you have anything that you would like to discuss regarding the service you have received from MPR IT please do not hesitate to contact Gaby in Customer Service.
In addition to the daily calls we receive for support the team have also had a number of site visits and installations including:-
- Construction company required installation of QNAP and new internet connection
- Educational and Child services organisation installation of– 3 new pc’s and monitors
- Locally based national company for senior services installation of cat 5 cabling and wireless link with antenna
- Local automotive repair company – installation of Office 365 for all users
SALES TEAM NEWS
The Sales team have also been working hard in the last month, exhibiting at our last event of the year in Sandwich at the Kent Invicta Chamber B2B. David has also been networking with a number of local businesses at various networking events and the local BNI group.
We are delighted to say that with the hard work from all the team has helped the Sales team to secure a number of new contracts in the last month, work at some of these has already been carried out by the Tech guys. We would like to welcome to the MPR family all our new clients and we look forward to working with you.
- Large car sales company based in the South East, providing daily support to 50 staff in addition to a complete system overhaul, installation of Office 365 and upgrade of all Microsoft Office platform
- Multinational leisure and tourism business, providing improved and upgraded security for all people and vehicles entering the site.
- Local building company have contact us for support, and we will shortly be visiting the site to review the full business needs
MPR IT BLOGS & SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS & GOOGLE
We are working hard to promote and improve the ranking for MPR IT on Google at the moment and the best promotion that we can ever get is from you – our clients. We would therefore really appreciate if you can possibly spare a few moments to write a review on Google for us. Simply enter MPR IT into the google search and it will list all matches and a chance to write a review. If you could also add this to our Facebook page that would be amazing.
Additionally please ensure you follow us on social media and our blog page to make sure you are kept up to date on any news stories we feel that would be of interest to some if not all our clients.
Thank you for taking the time to read our newsletter and if you know of any colleagues that don’t receive our newsletter and would find this of interest please forward their details to us so we can add them to our database. If any of the news stories we have on our site may affect you please let us know or if you wish to discuss the services we currently provide to your business please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to help