by Nicki Dowsett in Anti-virus software, Audio Systems, broadband, CCTV, cybercrime, Disaster Planning, DNS Web Hosting, Domain Registration, Engineers, Exclaimer Cloud, fibre optics, Fire Alarms, General, Hardware, Helpdesk, Hosted phone, IT Support, IT Systems, Microsoft, Microsoft Teams, MPR, MPR IT Work, New customer, Office 365, Office Move, Password Security, Point to Point Wireless, Ransomware, Remote working, Server cabinet, Software, SQL Server, SSL Certificates, Structured Cabling, Training, TV Distribution, Web Hosting, Websites, Windows 10, Wireless networks
“What does IT Support look like to you?”
Often the simple answer is a helpdesk offering daily support to end users in a fast and reliable manner.
When considering your business as a whole, IT Support is usually much more complex. Have you considered these areas?
- Who looks after your phone system?
- Who provides your internet connection and leased lines?
- Where is your website domain registered and hosted?
- Do you have malware and anti-virus software?
- Is your office using a Wi-Fi network? Who maintains this?
- Where do you purchase new hardware? Is it under warranty and how do you manage an upgrade programme?
- Are your servers on site or are they cloud based? How are these monitored and supported?
If I was to ask the question again “What does IT Support look like to you?” Would the answer be the same? The chances are that answer has changed.
By choosing MPR IT Solutions, you can be assured that your business will benefit from all-round comprehensive support in all information technology aspects. With a dedicated Account Manager, simple straightforward invoicing and only one point of contact for any technical issues, MPR IT Solutions provides fast, effective and reliable IT Support to businesses throughout London and the South East. Working in partnership with our clients we believe enhances our understanding of their business needs and we always look to find the best and most effective solution. Our core products and services include (but not limited to);
- Comprehensive IT Systems Support
- Hosted/ Voip Telephones
- Website domain registration and hosting
- Internet connections and Leased Lines
- Wi Fi Networks
- Azure Server Support
- Office 365 & Microsoft Teams
- AEM Monitoring
- Malware/Anti-virus software
- Hardware purchasing and upgrade plans
- Security Awareness Training (SATT)
- Email Signature Management
Through the growth and continued development of MPR IT Solutions and increasing demands from clients, our sister company MPR Technical Services was born in 2019. A Technical Services Integrator, their highly experienced and qualified employees provide advice, design and installation services in residential and commercial developments.
MPR Technical Services and MPR IT Solutions will work together for larger projects, as necessary. With a collaborative relationship you can be assured of strong communication and enhanced understanding of the work carried out and on-going support required.
Extended Services through MPR Technical Services:
- Structured Cabling
- Wireless Networks
- Audio Visual and Digital IPTV Systems
- Electronic Security
- Office re-locations
For more information on the products and services from MPR IT Solutions contact our team today on 0800 030 20 30 or email email@example.comRead more
National Apprenticeship week is being celebrated this week, an annual celebration supporting and promoting apprenticeships in the workplace.
To celebrate National Apprenticeship week, we would like to recognise Ben and Jacob. Having both joined MPR IT four years ago as apprentices, are now integral members of the team. Since completing their apprenticeships they have worked their way up to 2nd line engineers within the helpdesk team.
Keep up the good work Ben and Jacob, we are proud to have you part of our team.
Some of the feedback received from customers on Ben’s support:
- Ben was great!
- Thanks Ben for your swift response in sorting out the issue, greatly appreciated
- Ben was very professional and took the time to explain what He needed from me so He could carry out the system check to confirm the error and what as needed, which Ben emailed to me to help get the issue resolved.
- Many Thanks for your timely response
- As usual Ben sorted the problem quickly and efficiently
- Perfect service as usual!
Some of the feedback received from customers on Jacob’s support:
- Super quick to assist as usual! Thank you
- Job done quickly with the right result
- Jacob was a very good help
- Excellent service in resolving issue
- Jacob attended to my request quite fast, and I appreciate him considering our time difference
- As always, Jacob sorted out the issue really quickly. Thank you
- Brilliant first class services
For many years, MPR IT has been a strong supporter of apprenticeships and encouraging the progression from full time education to the workplace. Giving young people the opportunity to learn key skills and gain knowledge in the IT industry. We strongly believe that staff development at MPR is important to staff loyalty. Working on several initiatives we support each team member on an individual basis. No member of staff is the same and they each have a different path they wish to take.Read more
MPR IT Solutions are pleased to announce that we have successfully reached the final round of the Ashford Business Awards for both Customer Services Award and Small Business Award.
Since 2008, MPR IT Solutions has operated with a belief that IT Support could and should be delivered with a focus on Customer Support. We continue to maintain the aim and idea “to never sacrifice our high level of customer service for growth, we hope and believe that through good customer service our business will become the market leader in Kent.”
Over time MPR IT Solutions has become a well-known and respected IT Support provider, not only in Ashford, but with clients throughout London and the UK. No longer relying on offering simple support contracts has allowed the business to develop, and we now offer a wide range of technical solutions, through MPR Technical Services working on large building projects in conjunction with our daily IT support offering.
To be recognised in these two categories as a finalist of these awards is down to the hard work of all the members of our team to carry on this ethos, along with the continued support from all our customers – Thank you
The Ashford Business Awards celebrate businesses within Ashford, Hythe, Romney Marsh, Folkestone, Deal and Dover across a number of categories, including:
- Start up award
- Small business award
- Creative/digital award
- Customer services award
- Innovation award
- Hospitality / leisure and tourism / best food and drink producer award
- Business women of the year award
- Best family business award
- Best Construction Business NEW to 2019
All finalists will be announced on the Business Bunker Radio Show next Tuesday 12th November 2019, on air between 1 pm – 3 pm.
The winners will be announced at Ashford Business Awards Dinner on Wednesday 20th November 2019 at the Ashford International Hotel. Wishing the team at MPR IT Solutions good luck for the night – we are proud of all you no matter the outcome.Read more
by Nicki Dowsett in Access Panels, Audio Systems, broadband, cabinets, CCTV, Engineers, fibre optics, Fire Alarms, General, Helpdesk, Hosted phone, IT Support, IT Systems, MPR IT Work, Office Move, Server cabinet, Strcutured cabling, TV Distribution, Uncategorised, Wireless networks
Exciting start to the New Year for MPR IT
Since the start of January, a lot has been happening here at MPR IT. As you will be aware it is now 10 years year since Alex, Andy and Richard started MPR IT. We are continuing to grow and strive with thanks to the continued custom from all our loyal clients. To ensure that we can continue to provide customer focused support, providing outstanding IT support and solutions, the Management team have been making lots of decisions.
Firstly, we are recruiting a number of roles for our Technical support team. Currently we are recruiting for:
1st Line Support Admin
2nd Line Support Engineer
3rd Line Support Engineer
We hope to have all these roles filled in the very near future, with some new team members already on board. As with any new member of the team, we will be ensuring they are inducted to the high standards both our customers and ourselves expect.
Next, it has become apparent that with our continued expansion we have out grown our current offices! Our second piece of exciting news is that we have now secured new premises in the Henwood Estate. With a large amount of work to carry out we hope to be able to move in time for late spring/early summer.
We are currently in the first phase which includes taking down walls and making the space more suitable for our ever-growing team.
Once the construction/demolition phase has completed, we will be entering the next phase. This is where our own expertise will be utilised and our own team will be installing following:
Structured Cabling – Copper and Fibre
TV distribution systems
Fire Alarm System
Internet Services and so much more!
As you can imagine its going to be a busy and exciting few months for us all. We will keep you all updated on the progress and of course our move date.
Wanna Cry Cyber Attack – Over the last couple of years, I have spent several hours if not days reading articles on cyber crime and hacking as part of my role here at MPR IT. If you follow us on social media you will also see how this is a hot topic for us and we quite often post news stories of hacks and how you can protect yourselves, I have also written a few blogs on the subject (all of which can be found on our website). So, the breaking news on Friday and all over the weekend of the hack affecting over 150 countries around the world, with some 200,000 machines affected this wasn’t entirely a shock for me. All too often I see stories of both large corporations and small one person business being hit by hacking or ransomware.
As a company that takes pride in providing the best support and advice to our customers, our priority is prevention rather than cure, although we do unfortunately have experience on the cure as well. Our key guidelines for protecting your systems are pretty simple:
- Ensure you Operating System is the most current and up to date – Microsoft release patches and updates regularly. This particularly virus is targeted towards out of date, older systems. Please ensure your system is fully up to date. If you have any concerns please contact us and we can check this for you.
- Many virus’s are spread through email attachments – NEVER open anything from someone you don’t know or aren’t expecting. If you are unsure about an email or attachment, call MPR IT or the company where the attachment has come from and enquire as to whether it is legitimate.
- Ensure you permanently delete any emails with attachments that you do not need, or where you don’t know the sender.
- Make sure that you have an up to date Anti Virus – MPR IT can check this for you if you are unsure how up to date this is or if you don’t have anti-virus we can provide anti virus software to your company.
- NEVER share passwords with anyone and make sure that passwords you do have are always different. PASSWORD1 is surprisingly still a popular choice – it’s not a good idea as very easy to guess.
- Back up your data daily and store a copy off site securely as well on site. The worst that can happen if data is backed up is that you lose one days’ work, and not everything.
The virus ‘Wanna Cry’ that hit the world on Friday, and spread over the weekend is mainly targeted at Government departments. Where systems are older and the networks are very large, this allows it to spread so quickly, we are therefore not expecting for this to affect many of our customers, however please be assured that our team are prepared and ready to deal with any issues that you may experience.
To our customers with a contract that includes workstation monitoring, we have already rolled out emergency patches to any potentially affected machines. If you do not have a contract that includes workstation monitoring please contact us and we can look to update any patches or we can review your contract to include workstation monitoring should you wish.
Please take this simple advice and pass to your colleagues and get the message out on how to avoid potential cybecrime hacks and viruses. Hopefully one day soon I won’t be spending so much of my time reading articles on cybercrime.Read more
Our engineers here at MPR IT, are experienced in all aspects of structured cabling installation through to switching/routing design and implementation. We can cater for anything from a handful of PCs to over 500 points across any number of floors or buildings. Whether your employees are all in the same building but on different floors or even in separate buildings, MPR IT can look at the best ways to ensure your business is connected either through cabling or wireless connectivity.
Cabling covers a multitude of projects for us whether you are moving to a new office or to tidying up a server cabinet that looks like a spaghetti tin has exploded. It is surprising how much simpler it is to solve an issue with servers when the cupboard is neat and tidy.
With cabling looking neat and tidy it can save hours of work and therefore extra £££’s on the invoice when your server is playing up. The above photo shows how much work can be involved just before the issue can be resolved. I know how annoyed I get just with the cables behind my TV unit, I would probably have a meltdown if something in my office looked like this before photo. (Yes I admit to being a neat freak).
More complex projects that the team have worked on over the years include re-cabling offices, whether due to office move or refurbishment. (Including our own office right now). Many new offices these days are open plan and so it is critical to ensure that floor points are put in strategically to make the best use of an office. When a company is considering a new office or layout the engineers at MPR can offer consultation on how best to position cabling and power points before the flooring is chosen. Even if it is a solid concrete floor we can get the project done for you. No one likes to see cables across the floor especially your Health & Safety officer. They can cause a trip hazard, as well as running the risk of being accidentally pulled out losing power to your PC. Resulting in all your unsaved work being lost. See an example of work carried out by MPR IT.Read more